Terms and conditions
By accessing this site, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions and other applicable laws:
- All the information and material provided on this website is solely for illustrative purposes. It is not intended to and does not create any business, contractual or employment relationship with Sookio Ltd.
- All the information, contents, text, images, including but not limited to html code, photography and buttons are the property of Sookio Ltd and may not be copied, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way without our express, advance, written consent.
- All logos and trademarks used or referred to on this site are the property of their respective owners. The information on this site is provided free of charge for information purposes only. Links on this site may lead to services or sites not operated by Sookio Ltd.
Working with Sookio
Copyright All written work produced for the project is copyright to Sookio Ltd, with copyright passing to the client upon payment of invoices.
Changes or revisions A typical fixed-price estimate for copywriting includes:
- Initial delivery of a complete copy document in Word format
- Two subsequent rounds of changes, if required.
This applies up to the point where the work is signed off or published. If there are major changes to the project, for example additional pages, editing new copy added by the client or substantial changes to the features or selling points of the products and services which the text describes we will issue a new quote for the extra work.
Payment schedules Where a deposit is required please note this must be received by Sookio Ltd in full before work can commence on the project. For fixed-price projects we ask for a 25% deposit with the remainder due on completion. For video projects this is 50% up front, with the remainder on delivery of the video.
Payment terms We invoice on or around the 15th of each calendar month. Thank you for paying all invoices within 21 days. We’ll happily accept a cheque but electronic transfer is preferred. Full bank details will be supplied with the invoice.
Notice periods For monthly retainer clients we operate on a four-week notice period for either side.
Unpaid invoices Unpaid of invoices are liable for interest charged on a daily basis at 8% above the Bank of England base rate, in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998. We reserve the right to stop working on the project or restrict access to work already produced if invoices are not paid in full.
Non-acceptance If you reasonably consider that you cannot use any of the content that we develop for you, then we may agree to reduce our fee to one half of the estimated fee. If we agree to reduce our fee then copyright in that content will remain with us, and you agree not to use or adapt that content.
Portfolio Sookio Ltd reserves the right to display and link to your project as part of the company’s online portfolio.
Period of quotes All estimates run for three months after the date issued.