Generally speaking, here at Sookio we’re too busy to spend much time tooting our own horns, but when one of our own gets invited to speak alongside some of the most respected copywriting names in the country, it’d be rude not to shout about it.
Sookio comes to the Professional Copywriters' Network Conference
As a certified expert in writing for the web who honed her skills working with the BBC, Aol, Yahoo! and ITV, Sue will be talking about making content not just great, but shareable. Content that goes the extra mile and inspires people to show their friends is content worth writing, and this one-hour hands-on workshop will equip you to make that happen.
The workshop will also cover how to boost engagement. With a storming track record of getting people talking on social media, Sue will highlight how to open a meaningful dialogue with your target audience. If your presence on social sometimes feels like shouting into an empty chasm, this is the talk for you.
What’s more, the workshop will be held not once but twice! So if you’re busy checking out some of the other top names on the bill, you can still catch Sue doing what she does best.
There will also be plenty of opportunities to get involved. "Whenever I talk about writing for the web and social media, I like to make it interactive," says Sue. "So as well as discussing why good copy makes for better engagement on social channels, I'll be coming up with activities which help you turn theory into practice."
Who’s heading to #PCN2015?
Speaking of which, there’s certainly enough going on at the conference for even long-time pros to find something useful, including workshops and talks from:
- Laura Jordan Bambach, award-winning president of D&AD, creative partner at Mr President and co-founder of SheSays and the Cannt Festival.
- Doug Kessler, co-founder and CD of Velocity Partners, formerly of Ogilvy & Mather NY.
- David Levin, creator of the cult Twitter account for The Dolphin pub, co-founder of That Lot and tweet-maker for the BBC, Adidas, PG Tips and L’Oreal among others.
- Andy Maslen, revered copywriting speaker, writer and trainer as well as the brains behind the Sunfish agency and the Andy Maslen Copywriting Academy.
- Tim Fidgeon, one of the UK’s leading consultants in online copywriting and the industry’s go-to guy since the late 90s.
- Liz Doig, founder of Wordtree, expert brand consultant and recognised authority on tone of voice and creativity.
With the conference hosted by Tom Albrighton and Ben Locker, co-founders of the Professional Copywriters' Network, it’s set to be the definitive event for those looking to develop their skills and knowledge base.
If you want to get a feel for the event, take a look at our blog post from last year's event, where our web and social media editor Michelle explains what copywriting tips and tricks were on offer at #PCN2014.
As for myself? They had me at ‘buffet lunch.’ I’ll see you there.
When and where
Friday 9 October 2015, 9:30am - 4:30pm
The Haberdashers’ Company
18 West Smithfield
London EC1A 9HQ